If you have recently spotted mold on your property, you’re probably wondering if indoor mold is dangerous. That’s a good question, and you are right to have concerns. That’s why our team at A+ Restoration and Cleaning, a top mold removal company also providing mold testing in Pensacola, wrote this article. Keep reading to learn if indoor mold is dangerous and what you can do about it.
Are there toxins in mold?
Yes, toxins are present in mold, particularly things called mycotoxins. They are produced in many strains of mold but are commonly associated with black mold. That said, mycotoxins are very common in indoor molds. These toxins are often carried into your home on produce, and the microscopic spores float around and begin growing. Because these molds are common on produce, they are also prevalent in grocery stores.
What are the dangers of mold?
Indoor mold has several potential dangers. First, in some cases, it can damage your immune system. It can also cause significant health issues.
People with an already lowered immune system are at the most risk. In fact, the latest scientific research suggests that people with weakened immune systems who are exposed to mold have a greater risk of contracting significant diseases that may even lead to death.
Is mold toxicity dangerous?
Mold toxicity is very serious. It can occur by ingesting, touching, or inhaling dangerous mold spores. Common symptoms include:
- Asthma or breathing troubles
- Skin irritation
- Sore throat
In significant cases, you might experience muscle weakness, confusion, memory loss, tingling, and sensitivity to light. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it’s essential to see a medical professional immediately. Many conditions other than mold toxicity also present these symptoms, so it is important to get an accurate diagnosis.
Not every symptom signals mold toxicity. Sometimes, it’s a mold allergy. Mold allergies usually involve the nose and eyes with symptoms such as red or watery eyes, stuffy nose, nasal drip, or dry skin. If you suspect a mold allergy, schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. They can perform a skin prick or blood test to check for sensitivities to mold.
Can mold toxicity be treated?
Fortunately, mold toxicity can be treated. But the best plan is to eliminate the mold before it becomes a problem. That’s where our mold removal company comes in. We provide the best mold testing in Pensacola. If we find mold, we eliminate it with the latest dry fog technology and mold removal equipment.
If you suspect mold toxicity, talk to your doctor. They might recommend nasal rinses, antihistamines, and decongestant sprays. They might also prescribe prescription steroids or immunotherapy. These are just some of the ways medical professionals can treat mold toxicity.
Why choose A+ Restoration and Cleaning as your mold removal company
As we mentioned, prevention is the best way to reduce your risk of potentially dangerous mold toxicity. When you call our local mold removal company, you can rest assured that you are contacting the best mold removal and mold testing company in Pensacola.
The first step is mold testing. Our team inspects the interior and exterior of your property, searching for visible signs of mold growth. Next, we provide tape and air testing to look for invisible mold spores and determine the strain.
If we find mold, the remediation process begins. We choose dry fog technology, utilizing the innovative Pure Restore formula. We use this safe formula because it is EPA-registered and it won’t harm your family or pets. Best of all, after eliminating the mold at its source, dry fog technology keeps it from returning. In fact, A+ Restoration and Cleaning is one of the only mold removal companies in the Pensacola area to offer a 1-year guarantee on our work.
Ready to schedule your mold testing and removal consultation? Call our mold remediation company today. You can also reach out to our local team using this website.